Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Soccer




"Head" on over,
and get your "kicks"
at Koby's 11th
Birthday Party.
.
We'll have the best tasting soccer balls around.

Kinzie
also
likes
soccer.


The soccer ball is obviously from the Wilton Ball pan. It comes with a template for the pentagons. I cut the pentagon shape out of paper and traced it onto the cake with a toothpick.
The field
is a giant round wedding cake pan.
The ball took a whole cake mix and so did the field.
The small soccer balls are just simply big blobs of frosting. I held the tip of the frosting tip in the icing blob and just kept squeezing frosting into it.
The spots on the balls are just random dots, but it works.
The black and the green colors I mixed from the Wilton color pastes. I used more green tint for the grass than I did for the field to give it a darker color.
The grass is a Wilton grass tip.
The ball is just a bunch of stars from a star tip. I like to use #18. It covers more area more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment